Sunday, April 15, 2012

SCJAS Research Award - First Place in Oral Presentation

This past Saturday, I went to University of South Carolina Aiken to present my research at the statewide annual South Carolina Junior Academy of Sciences.  There were over 300 other student presenters.  The event took the whole day.  I attended many of the presentations and many of them were excellent.

The awards ceremony took place late in the afternoon, and to my pleasant surprise, my research presentation took first place in the Math / Computer Science Mentored Research branch.  I was honored to receive the award.  It was something I couldn't have done without the help of my research advisor, Mrs. Bunn, who has listened and advised me during hours of my practice presentations.  So, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment